Is it a Crime to Enter The U.S. Illegally?

Illegal entry (or "improper entry") to the US carries criminal penalties (fines and jail or
prison time), in addition to civil penalties and immigration consequences (deportation
and bars from future entry).

Whether it’s by crossing the U.S. border with a "coyote" or buying a fake U.S. passport, a
foreign national who enters the U.S. illegally can be both convicted of a crime and held
responsible for a civil violation under the U.S. immigration laws. Illegal entry also
carries consequences for anyone who might later attempt to apply for a green card or
other immigration benefit.

The penalties and consequences get progressively more severe if a person enters
illegally more than once, or enters illegally after an order of removal (deportation) or
having been convicted of an aggravated felony.

What Is Illegal Entry?
The immigration law actually uses the term "improper entry," which has a broad
meaning. It’s more than just slipping across the U.S. border at an unguarded point.

Improper entry can include:
•        entering or attempting to enter the United States at any time or place other than
one designated by U.S. immigration officers (in other words, away from a border
inspection point or other port of entry)
•        eluding examination or inspection by U.S. immigration officers (people have tried
everything from digging tunnels to hiding in the trunk of a friend’s car)
•        attempting to enter or obtain entry to the United States by a willfully false or
misleading representation or willful concealment of a material fact (which might
include, for example, lying on a visa application or buying a false green card or other
entry document).
(See Title 8, Section 1325 of the U.S. Code (U.S.C.), or Section 275 of the Immigration
and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) for the exact statutory language - www.uscis.

Criminal Penalties
For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or
imprisoned for up to six months, or both.  For a subsequent offense, the person can be
fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A.
Section 275.)

But just in case that isn’t enough to deter illegal entrants, a separate section of the law
adds penalties for reentry (or attempted reentry) in cases where the person  had been
convicted of certain types of crimes and thus removed (deported) from the U.S.,  as

(1) People removed for a conviction of three or more misdemeanors involving drugs,
crimes against the person, or both, or a felony (other than an aggravated felony), shall
be fined, imprisoned for up to ten years, or both.

(2) People removed for a conviction of an aggravated felony shall be fined, imprisoned
for up to 20 years, or both.

(3) People who were excluded or removed from the United States for security reasons
shall be fined, and imprisoned for up to ten years, which sentence shall not run
concurrently with any other sentence.

(4) Nonviolent offenders who were removed from the United States before their prison
sentence was up  shall be fined, imprisoned for up to ten years, or both.

What’s more, someone deported before a prison sentence was complete may be
incarcerated for the remainder of the sentence of imprisonment, without any reduction
for parole or supervised release.

(See 8 U.S.C. Section 1326, I.N.A. Section 276.)

Civil Penalties
Entry (or attempted entry) at a place other than one designated by immigration officers
carries additional civil penalties. The amount is at least $50 and not more than $250 for
each such entry (or attempted entry); or  twice that amount if the illegal entrant has been
previously fined a civil penalty for the same violation. (See 8 U.S.C.  Section 1325, I.N.A.
Section 275.)

Immigration Consequences of an Improper Entry
A person who comes to the US without permission of the immigration authorities is
inadmissible. To learn more about inadmissibility, see Who Can't Get Into The United

In practice, that usually means that if the person became eligible for a green card or
other immigration status, he or she would be ineligible to adjust status within the
United States. By leaving the U.S. and applying from overseas, the inadmissibility
problem could be solved – unless the person had already stayed in the U.S. for six
months or more without a right to be there. In that case, he or she would run into a
separate ground of inadmissibility, based on "unlawful presence" in the United States.
(For more on how that affects your possibilities of obtaining a green card, see Legal
Options for an Undocumented Immigrant to Stay in the U.S.)

If a person was removed from the U.S. (deported) on the basis of a conviction for an
aggravated felony (other than illegal entry or reentry), then the improper entry itself is
considered to be an aggravated felony.  (See 8 U.S.C. § 1101(a)(43)(O).) Having one of
more aggravated felonies on one’s record is a huge problem, because aggravated
felonies bar a person from virtually all immigration benefits, and are a grounds of
deportability (under 8 U.S.C. 1227, I.N.A. Section 237).

See an Expert
This article can help acquaint you with the laws affecting illegal entry. However, if you
have entered the U.S. illegally, and are hoping to apply for a green card or other
immigration benefit, you should absolutely see an immigration attorney for a personal
analysis of your situation. You may benefit from exceptions not described here.

If You Are An Immigrant (even a US Citizen) | Things You Should

Are you a Naturalized U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident, Visa Holder, or an
Undocumented Immigrant? We recommend you take the following steps to protect
yourself in our current version of America.

The last couple of weeks have reminded immigrants, even naturalized U.S. citizens,
that they were not born in the United States. Our office has received countless phone
calls, emails, and social media messages from people worrying about what their
family’s future in the United States holds.

Most people want to know what they can do now to protect themselves from what
promises to be a wave of anti-immigration activity by the federal government. Trump’s
Executive Order on Interior Enforcement has some provisions that should make most
Americans shiver.  We recommend the following actions for each of the following

Naturalized U.S. citizens
In particular if you have a foreign accent, and you are traveling within 100 miles of any
US Border (including the oceans), we strongly recommend carrying with you your US
passport, or passport card, or a photocopy of your naturalization certificate. Because of
the unpredictability of the current situation, we recommend keeping a photocopy of
these documents in a safe place at your home, so that if necessary, someone will have
access to it.  You may very well need to prove your US Citizenship.

Permanent residents
Most people don’t know this, but federal law requires that anyone who is NOT a US
Citizen is required to carry with them at all times, evidence of their lawful status. You can
see that for yourself at 8 USC 1304(e).   So, carry your green card with you at all times!
You should also keep a photocopy of your green card in a safe place at home so that it
can be accessed by someone in case you lose your card and you need it to identify
yourself.  Don’t forget about that 100 mile constitution free zone!   You should also
renew your green card a full 6 months before expiration.  Don’t wait!  If your green card
has expired, renew it now. And, if it is not obvious at this point, you should start the
process to naturalize immediately!  

Lawfully present nonimmigrants (e.g. DACA, U Visa, EADs, Visitors, Students, H1Bs,
Carry with you at all times your Employment Authorization Document, I-94 card,
passport with entry stamp, or other proof of lawful presence (see the law above). Carry
the original with you and keep a photocopy in a safe place at home, especially if you are
within the 100 mile border area (more than 60% of the US population lives in this

Undocumented immigrants in the US for more than two years
Keep with you at all times evidence that you have been present for at least two years.
Why?  Because President Trump just ordered DHS to examine activating a never used
provision in immigration law that allows for the immediate removal from the US of
anyone who cannot prove they have been here for two years (absent a claim for
asylum).  We do not know when ICE or CBP might activate the change, but we need to
be prepared.  Evidence that you might want with you are utility bills, receipts, Facebook
posts, mail or any other documentation with your name going back two years, BUT, be
very careful of using pay stubs if you have used false documents or information to get
your job, as those are prosecutable offenses.  Again you should also keep this
information at home so that it is accessible to someone who can help you.  Keep a
photocopy at home. And, make sure you have a family plan in place to call for legal
assistance if you fail to return home as usual.

Undocumented immigrants in the US for less than two years
The bad news is that you need a plan in place on what will happen to your belongings
and your family if you do not return home from work, shopping, or school.  Make sure
your relatives know they can look for your name on the ICE detainee website.  We
assume that ICE and CBP will not release you on bond, and that if you have a fear or
returning home, you will need to be VERY vocal about letting everyone know if you are

Undocumented Immigrants with 10 years in the United States and children
You are eligible for Cancellation of Removal, and release on bond.  Begin now to
prepare the paperwork you will need to secure a bond, and to prove your case.  You can
read more about this process here. Don’t be caught unprepared!  

Non-US Citizens (Permanent Residents, Visa Holders, and Undocumented
Immigrants) who have a criminal convictions OR are arrested
If you have a criminal conviction, or are even arrested for a crime, ICE has begun to
detain people in this category and has released only a very few on bond. If you have
relief from removal, you are eligible for bond, but, depending on where you are, you may
not be released.  Prepare for this by saving money for bond now, and have the
paperwork organized so that our attorneys can quickly help seek a bond.   

Undocumented Immigrants with prior deportation orders
If you have a prior deportation order and have returned to the United States, you are
subject to prosecution by the federal government for the crime of reentry after
deportation.  President Trump has ordered his U.S. Attorneys to increase the number of
people charged with this crime. Depending on WHY you were deported (for example a
serious criminal offense), you can spend up to five years in federal prison for reentering
the US.  Again, make your plans now about how you want to deal with this situation. If
you have a deportation order and never left, NOW is the time to speak to an immigration
attorney and seek advice about your options to reopen your deportation case.  

For those Arrested by ICE, especially for the undocumented–Have a plan in place
Decide now who picks up the kids from school/daycare, who will be authorized to do so
with the school, who to contact first, have a power of attorney prepared for this.  In the
last few weeks we have heard of parents being picked up at school bus stops and at
work and home while the kids are in school. Once it happens, there is no time to make
Also, do your research now into immigration attorneys that you may call in a moment’s
notice. Keep their phone number handy and ready for family and friends to use.  Or
better yet, go see an excellent immigration attorney now and see what options you may
have available to you.  

We give these warnings because we want people to be prepared NOT scared.

How to Go from Being an Undocumented Immigrant to a Legal
U.S. Citizen
Millions of individuals and families from many countries dream of a better life and one
of their favorite destinations is the United States. While many have entered the U.S.
through legal means, there are still millions who are in the country without approval
from the government, making their stay illegal. Likewise, those who have entered the
country legally whose authorized stay or visa has expired but chose to remain, will be
labeled an undocumented immigrant.

An Undocumented Immigrant Under The Trump Administration
President Trump's administration has a tougher stance against those people
considered an illegal and undocumented immigrant. This is a major cause of concern
for the millions that remain undocumented. What can they do to reverse their situation?
Can they become legal residents of the United States?

During his election campaigns and early days in office, President Trump stated his
intention to roll back President Obama's executive orders, such as the Deferred Action
for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and
Permanent Residents (DAPA). While he turned his rhetoric into action, issuing travel
bans and issuance of visas to citizens of selected countries, courts around the nation
have turned back his actions. Many cities and states stated that they are immigrant
havens and vow to help protect those with undocumented immigrant status.

Even an undocumented immigrant has a few legal rights under existing laws in the U.
S., which the president cannot change. No president has the power to change the U.S.
Constitution. Under it, you have the right to refuse to be searched personally or to open
your door to someone claiming to be federal agents or police officers.

Even if they have a warrant, you are within your rights not to open the door. Instead, ask
the officer to slide the warrant under the door so you can look at it and verify that it is
valid and has your address. You see, opening your door at once is giving your consent
for the officer to enter your residence.

Moreover, the U.S. Constitution grants you the right to refuse to speak to a law
enforcement agent or an immigration officer or answer their questions. You can remain
silent or express the wish to have an attorney present. This might not prevent you from
being arrested but you will not be forced to give any information as an undocumented

You have the right to an attorney and if you don't have an attorney to handle your
immigration issue, you are allowed to find one. Likewise, you must not sign anything
without your attorney present.

If you are arrested, you still have the right to a hearing. You can have a hearing in an
immigration court before a judge at the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR)
and present your defense. It is best to hire an attorney to represent you if you are an
undocumented immigrant.

Limited Options
Under U.S. immigration laws, only a few options are available for an illegal or
undocumented immigrant to become a permanent or legal resident of the United
States. Still, a few options are better than none. Here, I will discuss those possibilities.
However, your first recourse is to find an immigration attorney who can explain all the
procedures to you.

If you have limited English-speaking skills, seek the help of a professional immigration
interpreter. For your non-English documents, find a reliable translation services
provider to accurately translate your personal documents from your language into
English. You'll need all the help you can get as an undocumented immigrant.

One of the most common options for an illegal, undocumented immigrant to gain legal
status is to get married to a U.S. citizen. However, it must be stressed that it should be
a real, bona fide and valid marriage. This will make you, under the U.S. immigration
laws, an immediate relative. Theoretically, this also makes you eligible for a green card
after the application process is done.

If you became an undocumented immigrant because you opted to stay after your visa
has expired, it means that you previously entered the country through legal means. This
enables you to apply for the green card without leaving the U.S. though the adjustment
of status procedure.

But if your entry to the country was illegal from the start, for example, you crossed the
border without passing through an inspection point, as an undocumented immigrant, it
will be very difficult to change your status to legal permanent resident, even if you are
legally married to a U.S. citizen. The only option you have as an undocumented
immigrant is if you fall into one of the categories below under Section 245(i).

1.        A family member or your employer filed an immigrant visa petition/labor
certification for you before January 14, 1998 or between January 14, 1998 and April 21,

2.        You can show proof of your physical presence in the U.S. on the date this
particularly law was passed – December 21, 2000.

You can also get married to a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and be technically
eligible for a green card. However, you will have a long wait before your status could be
adjusted, unless you fall into one of the two 245(i) categories.

Another way for an undocumented immigrant to become legal is for you to attend the
interview for your green card at the U.S. consulate in your home country. This is called
consular processing.

However, expect to be penalized for your illegal stay in the U.S. If you stayed illegally as
an undocumented immigrant for six months or more, you must spend three years in
your home country. If your illegal stay was for one year or more, the penalty is 10 years
outside the U.S. Therefore, if your illegal stay in the U.S. is nearing six months, it is best
to leave the country immediately to avail of consular processing.

You can explore a provisional waiver (Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful
Presence Waiver) if you are still in the U.S. Once approved, you can return to the U.S.
after you pass the consular interview. This provisional waiver applies to a U.S. citizen's
undocumented immigrant spouse and children

It is meant to keep the family united. You must prove that the family will go through
"extreme and unusual hardships.'' This can include age of the U.S. citizen or the parent
or spouse of a permanent resident, family ties to the U.S. and country of removal, the
conditions in the undocumented immigrant's country of removal, length of living in the U.
S., relevant mental and medical health conditions, educational hardships and financial
hardships. You need the services of an experienced immigration lawyer for this.
''DREAMers'' (Green Card through Employment)

DREAM stands for Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of
President Obama. For those DREAMers who have received higher education and are
highly skilled, their employers can sponsor them to be a permanent resident through
labor certification prior to the filing of an employment visa petition. The loophole here,
even if the process is successful, is that the individual, undocumented immigrant
because of his/her illegal status, must return to his/her country of origin. It is not a
simple process and only an immigration attorney will be able to help you understand
the entire procedure.

Asylum Status
You can become a legal resident of the United States if you are in the country to seek
asylum. Asylum status applies to an undocumented immigrant who suffered
persecution in their home country and can face further persecution if he/she were to
return. Conditions for persecution: if it is done by the government or by a group that the
government cannot or is unwilling to control.

The U.S. immigration law defines persecution into five groups: political opinion,
membership in a particular social group, nationality, religion and race.

To be eligible, you must fit these requirements:
•        Present in the U.S. (legally or illegally)
•        Due to past and future persecution, you are unwilling or unable to return to your
home country
•        The condition for the persecution falls under any of the five groups
•        You are not involved in any activity that will disqualify you to seek asylum
Have your attorney file Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of
Removal, with supporting evidence. If you receive an asylum grant, you can apply for a
permanent resident status one year after its receipt. Your children and your spouse can
also apply for a green card if the U.S. admitted them as asylees as well.
U Visa (for Crime Victims)
The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Prevention Act created the U visa in 2000. This
visa is for the protection of non-U.S. citizens, undocumented immigrants who were
victims of specific crimes and have helped law enforcement agencies. The law is to
encourage crime victims to cooperate with prosecutors and police without fear of being
deported. If you qualify for a U visa, it entitles you to legal status, which can lead to
permanent resident status in some cases as well as employment authorization.
To be eligible for this visa, the undocumented immigrant must:
•        Have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse due to being a victim of a
defined criminal act;
•        Have valuable information regarding the criminal act;
•        Be helpful in the prosecution or investigation of the crime; and
•        The criminal activity violated the laws of the U.S.
These are some of the options an undocumented immigrant can explore if they want
stay legally in the United States.
Ser indocumentado | Cosas que debes saber

Pagan impuestos, van a la guerra, trabajan, cuidan a sus familias, reciben poco,
tienen derechos y son deportados.

1. Cuántos son
En Estados Unidos viven 11 millones de inmigrantes indocumentados, la mayoría de
ellos originarios de América Latina (principalmente de México). La Casa Blanca
asegura, en su página de internet en español, que de 1990 a 2007 la población de
individuos sin papeles de estadía legal creció de 3.5 millones a 11 millones de
personas. Y agrega que desde entonces, el tamaño de la población indocumentada
ha dejado de crecer por primera vez en décadas.

2. No es un crimen
La estadía indocumentada es una falta de carácter civil no criminal. Sin embargo, el
reingreso no autorizado después de una deportación sí lo convierte en un delito. ¿La
razón? Porque a los deportados les cae encima la denominada Ley del Castigo. Esta
legislación fue aprobada por el Congreso en 1996. En resumen, establece que si un
extranjero permanece ilegalmente en Estados Unidos por más de 180 días, debe
esperar fuera del territorio por tres años, y si la estadía indocumentada supera los
365 días, el castigo sube a 10 años. Una vez que el castigo se cumpla, el extranjero
está obligado a iniciar un proceso consular para pedir perdón. Si el perdón es
concedido, puede que reciba un permiso para volver al país. Pero si regresa durante
la vigencia del castigo y/o realiza un trámite cualquiera o es detenido sin autorización,
puede ser deportado de por vida y pierde todo derecho a recibir un beneficio
¿Te afectan las redadas de inmigración?

3. Quién sí, quién no
Toda persona que vive en Estados Unidos, con la excepción de los americanos
nativos, es un inmigrante, dice la Unión Americana de Libertades Civiles (ACLU, por
su sigla en inglés).

4. Antiinmigrante
El clima antiinmigrante desatado en el 2015 no es nuevo. Las actuales iniciativas
contra los inmigrantes indocumentados están siendo promovidas, principalmente,
por simpatizantes extremistas que en gran medida se basan en mitos acerca de los
efectos de la inmigración en la economía de la nación, por citar uno de los
aegumentos. Y no todo lo que se está diciendo acerca de los sin papeles es cierto.

5. Los cambios del 96
En 1996 el Presidente Bill Clinton (1993-2001) refrendó el Acta de Reconciliación de
Responsabilidad Personal y Oportunidad de Trabajo de 1996 (Ley de Bienestar
Social) que retiró una serie de beneficios y servicios federales tanto a los inmigrantes
con papeles como a los indocumentados. Estos incluyeron:
•        Sellos o cupones de alimentos
•        Ingreso de Seguridad Suplementario (SSI, por su sigla en inglés)
Los beneficios del SSI fueron restablecidos después, pero solamente para aquellos
inmigrantes que entraron al país antes del 22 de agosto de 1996, el día en que la ley
entró en vigencia, explica la ACLU en una de sus páginas de internet.

6. Sin derecho a enjuiciar
El Acta de Reforma de Inmigración y de Responsabilidad Inmigrante, (IIRIRA, por si
sigla en inglés) excluye a los inmigrantes de llevar ante los tribunales de justicia las
prácticas y políticas abusivas del servicio de inmigración.

7. Sí tienen derechos en EEUU
La Constitución no le da a los extranjeros el derecho de entrar a Estados Unidos pero
una vez aquí ésta les ampara contra la discriminación basada en raza u origen
nacional. Y contra el trato arbitrario por parte del gobierno, explica la ACLU. Es decir,
los indocumentados sí tienen derechos en Estados Unidos.

8. Pagan impuestos
Los inmigrantes indocumentados trabajan y pagan impuestos. Y en el caso que el
Congreso apruebe una reforma migratoria (como el Plan S.744 votado por el Senado
el 27 de junio del 2013), los beneficiarios añadirían más de $1,000 millones de
dólares “a nuestra economía, aseguraría nuestra frontera, ayudaría a los trabajadores
americanos a recibir un trato más justo y crearía un camino hacia la ciudadanía”, ha
dicho el presidente Barack Obama.

Un estudio de la Universidad de California en Los Angeles (UCLA, por su sigla en
inglés) firmado por profesor Raúl Hinojosa, indica que la legalización de la población
sin papeles y la reforma al sistema legal de inmigración, aportarían una suma
acumulativa de $1,500 millones de dólares al Producto Interno Bruto (PIB) a lo largo
de una década.
Hinojosa también explica que “estas ganancias se deben a que los trabajadores con
papeles devengan salarios más altos que los trabajadores sin papeles, y estos
utilizan esos salarios para comprar viviendas, autos, teléfonos y vestuario.
“A medida que circula más dinero por la economía estadounidense, los negocios
crecen para satisfacer una mayor demanda de bienes y servicios, lo que genera más
empleos y un mayor valor económico”, añade.

9. Héroes en español
Solo los inmigrantes legales están sujetos al servicio militar. Pero ha habido casos
en que inmigrantes indocumentados han servido en las Fuerzas Armadas, e incluso
han participado en guerras. Varios soldados, convertidos luego en veteranos, han
sido deportados por no tener papeles de estadía legal en el país.

10. Casados y deportados
Muchos inmigrantes han vivido en Estados Unidos durante décadas, han contraído
matrimonio con ciudadanos estadounidenses y criado a sus hijos ciudadanos de
Estados Unidos. Muchos han sido deportados. Las leyes que les castigan violan su
derecho fundamental a un trato justo e igualitario, dice la ACLU.

11. Reciben poco
Los indocumentados pagan impuestos y una suma “significativa”, apunta el Center for
American Progress (Centro para el Progreso Americano –CAP-).
En 2011, el Instituto de Tributación Fiscal y Política Económica constató que sólo en el
2010 los inmigrantes indocumentados pagaron $11,200 millones de dólares en
impuestos locales y estatales, inyectándole una suma de dinero significativa a las
finanzas locales y estatales.
El CAP indica que es importante resaltar que a los inmigrantes, incluso a los
inmigrantes legales, se les prohíbe utilizar la mayoría de los servicios sociales, lo que
significa que ellos pagan para apoyar beneficios que no pueden recibir.

12. Ni más, ni menos
Los inmigrantes no son una pérdida para la economía de Estados Unidos. “Los
inmigrantes no dependen más de los programas de asistencia pública que los
ciudadanos nativos”, indica el CAP. Y agrega que “la legalización no les costaría miles
de millones de dólares a los contribuyentes” como aseguran quienes se oponen a la
reforma migratoria.

13. Cifra escalofriante
Indocumentados sin antecedentes criminales sí están siendo deportados de Estados
Unidos. Durante el año fiscal 2015 (del 1 de octubre de 2014 al 30 de septiembre del
año pasado), la Oficina de Inmigración y Aduanas (ICE, por su sigla en inglés) deportó
a 235,413 indocumentados, un número inferior en un 42% al registrado en 2014
cuando fueron expulsados 315,943 extranjeros.

La agencia federal reconoció que el 41.1% de los expulsados (96,045) no tenía
antecedentes criminales. El dato fue avalado por la directora de política interna de la
Casa Blanca, Cecilia Muñoz, al programa Despierta América de la cadena Univision a
mediados de enero.

La cifra de deportados por el gobierno de Obama durante el año fiscal 2015 equivale
a 644 expulsados diarios, 26 cada hora, casi dos por cada minuto.
Employment Discrimination Reporting Form
Reportando Discriminacion en el Trabajo     

... For anyone who has been the focus of bias based
harassment or violence.

National Coalition for LGBT Health                             

Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)                  

Lambda Legal (Health
Florida Senators - Contact List                        www.flsenate.gov
Florida House of Representatives
Contact  List                                         www.myfloridahouse.com
US Government   Legislators, Agencies, etc       www.usa.gov
415-392-6257 (toll-free 1-800-528-6257) OR email info@nclrights.org

Love Exiles Foundation supports GLBT couples who have chosen or are
considering exile in order to be together and works for human rights for
same-sex couples and families. There are Love Exiles groups in Germany,
the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia.

American Bar Association (ABA)
Commission on Immigration:
Locate contact information for free or low-cost legal services for
immigrants and refugees in your area.

U.S. Department of Justice
List of free legal services providers
The listed organizations and attorneys provide free legal services and/or
referrals for such services to indigent individuals in immigration removal
proceedings, pursuant to 8 CFR §1003.61. Some of these organizations
may also charge a nominal fee for legal services to certain low income

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Here you find information on visas, residency, citizenship, the Diversity Visa
Lottery and more.

CARECEN (Central American Resource Center)- Los Angeles area

NCLR's publications on immigration in English and Spanish:
Immigration Project Brochure | Folleto del Proyecto de Inmigración

Human Rights Watch
Human Rights Watch is dedicated to protecting the human rights of people
around the world. We stand with victims and activists to prevent
discrimination, to uphold political freedom, to protect people from
inhumane conduct in wartime, and to bring offenders to justice.

Lambda Legal
Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full
recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender
people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education and public
policy work.

HIV and Immigration - The Basics
VIH e Immigracion - Lo Basico

Sexual Orientation and Immigration - The Basics
Orientación Sexual e Inmigración - Lo Básico

76 AVE MIAMI, FL 33143

FL 33030


MARGARET (305-989-1623)
SANDY (786-897-7690)
5659 W Flagler Street, Coral Gables, FL 33134      
305-262-0060 -  Rosa Kasse

C.O.D.I. Centro de Orientacion al Immigrante
45 NW 27th Avenue, Miami, FL 33125      786-394-6746  - Carlos Pereira

American Friends Service Committee | 1.800.765-8875

Catholic Charities Legal Services / Archidiocese of Miami
7101 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 31338    (305) 373-1073

Church World Service
1924 NW 84th Ave., Building 10, Beacon Centre, Miami, FL 33126     
(305) 774-6770,  (305) 774-6586

Cuban American National Council, Inc.
1223 SW 4th Street, Miami, FL 33135, (305) 642-3484

Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center / 3000 Biscayne Blvd. Suite 400 Miami,
FL 33137 (305) 573-1106

Florida Legal Services, Inc.
3000 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 450 Miami, FL 33137  (305) 573-0092

10364 W Flagler St, Miami, FL, 33174  (305) 228-1208

Jewish Family Service of Greater Miami, Inc.
18999 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 200, Aventura, FL 33180

League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
946 SW 82nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33144   (305) 554-8566

Legal Aid Society of the Dade County Bar
123 NW First Avenue, Miami, FL 33128  (305) 579-5733

Legal Services of Greater Miami (Main Office)
3000 Biscayne Blvd Suite 500 Miami, FL 33137    (305) 576-0080

Lutheran Services Florida
4343 West Flagler Street, Suite 200 Miami, FL 33134   (305) 567-2511

Unidad Hondureña
1421 SW 8 St, Miami FL 33135   (786) 306-9659
Laura F. Kelley, Esq.    
8180 NW 36th Street, Suite 220, Doral, FL 33166
Laura@LFKimmigration.com 305-363-2844
Immigration Law including family immigration
and removal defense. Consultations by appointment

Luis Font Law Group | full service international law firm

Patricia Hernandez | Rotella & Hernandez, LLC

Sasha Westerman-Keuning | Rostova Westerman Law
Group P.A. 786-442-3177

Church World Service, Inc |  305-774-6770  

Elizabet F Schwartz | Counselor at law & family mediator

Gay & Lesbian Lawyers Network  

LGBT/HIV Immigration Issues - Nationally

Miami Beach Police |24 Hour Hotline | 305-604-2110
City of Miami Police | 305-579-6111
Miami Shores Police | 305-759-2468
Miami-Dade Police | 305-4-POLICE
Hialeah Police | 305-883-5800
Wilton Manors Police | 954-390-2150
Key West Police 305-809-1111






MAY 2020
Miami Beach
JANUARY 24-25, 2020

OCT 1 - OCT. 15, 2020